We support Ukrainian orphans to adulthood and encourage their faith in Christ.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Changed Lives!

Hi everyone! I’m so excited about the little facelift our website has been given! God has been doing amazing things through this ministry and in the past we’ve been so busy that we’ve neglected to keep you informed  I promise to do better!! So much is happening. Where do I begin… ?


Over the past several years I’ve taken many people over to Ukraine to meet our kids and see the work we are doing. When I see the effect it has had on them, I am in awe. Many of them have said things like, “this has changed my life.” Some went back and adopted a child. Some even went back several times and adopted a few children! Others have volunteered, or supported our ministry financially. Everyone was affected in some way. Well, it has made me determined to tell the stories of these kids. Many people cannot come to Ukraine, so the next best thing is video. So please check out our brand new video! I hope it will touch your heart.

In three weeks I head back to Ukraine. We’ve got a lot going on over there! We now have 14 boys in Mel’s House! When I asked where we were putting the new boys, because the house is full, here’s what I learned. The four new boys were classmates of the others. When they graduated from the orphanage they went on to the trade school and it was a horrible experience. They asked if they could please, please live in Mel’s House. Our boys said they would gladly give up their beds so their friends could have them! So now four of our boys are sleeping on the floor. What an example of Christ-like compassion! How many of us would give up our beds and sleep on the floor?

Also at Mel’s House, we have three girls who attend the bible study sleeping on our house parents’ couch, in hopes that we’ll open a girl’s home soon. Pray with us that God will provide the funds!!

God bless you all!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment